6/18/2010

100-Word Challenge: Sauce

The prompt for this week's 100-Word Challenge is "sauce."  For more saucy entries, visit Velvet Verbosity's 100-Word Challenge, temporarily hosted by LouCeel.

Rainforest Ragu

It's just like a hot tub, really, except hotter. Yeah, dude, keep telling yourself that.

His trip into the rainforest had been uneventful, other than the constant assault by mosquitoes the size of Hueys. He’d found everything he needed. When he won the Nobel for medicine, it’d all be worth it.

He never saw the net, until it fell on him.

When the native came again to see if he was done, he said, “You won’t like me much. I’m a tough old bird.”

Grinning, the native answered, "Buddy, I can eat anything if it’s got enough sauce on it.”

9 comments:

  1. You're a comedienne! Made me laugh! Fun take on the word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes...haha. nice take on the prompt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a very funny one. Love how you used the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I like a spicy sauce myself :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that's a saucy ending!
    thanks for visiting my blog.
    I think I'll go make dinner.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone. I just love me a good roasted explorer with lots of barbecue sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol Funny piece; a fun, creative take on the prompt. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? I would love to hear from you.