2/10/2010

100-Word Challenge: Overall

 

This is my submission to Velvet Verbosity's 100-Word Challenge:  Overall.

 

I’ve looked everywhere, to no avail!
I searched the bedroom closets and the linen closet.  I rummaged through every drawer, sifting through many years’ accumulation of stuff.  I looked under the bed and behind the sofa.  I hunted in the boxes in the attic and basement.  I searched the car, exploring the glove compartment and the trunk.  I checked all the kitchen cabinets.  I even looked in the refrigerator (not forgetting the vegetable bin!). 
I’ve looked here and there, high and low.  Nowhere can I find anything to say for this week’s 100-word challenge.
Overall, I’d rather have another word.


4 comments:

  1. First, lol. It's much easier to write when the word is all delicious and already associated with fulsome emotions and ideas, like darkness. I purposefully include whatever word I land on, even when it's mundane, because then we can really stretch outside the writing comfort zone.

    I like that you turned your frustration into something clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Proof that inspiration comes in many forms...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is clever. Overall, I think you said a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed out loud, and also thought "clever, oh so clever!" As I was reading it I was so curious, devouring the words so anxious and excited to get to the end. And you did not disappoint! Patti, awesome job! Love it!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? I would love to hear from you.